Salpointe Catholic High School accepts a limited number of International Students each school year. International students applications are reviewed by the school's Admissions Committee and are accepted based on their academic and English qualifications. International students may apply only for the beginning of a school year (Fall semester only, no Spring semester applications).
International students must demonstrate strong English skills (TOEFL English proficiency exam required plus a Skype or Google Hangout interview is required) as all of the classes at SCHS are taught in English at an accelerated rate. The goal is to see all international students be successful at our academically rigorous school, hence the advanced English requirement.
Step 1. Apply online:
The first step to becoming a Lancer is to complete an online application form. CLICK HERE
to apply online. Once you apply and create an account in the Admissions Portal, you will then be able to go back and check your application checklist as items are received. Please make sure that you make a note of your username and password to make future logins easier.
Step 2. Complete all of the Checklist Items:
Once the application has been completed and processed, you will need to complete all of the following checklist items. Details for all of the Checklist items can be found once you log into the myPointe site. This is the same login information you created for the application.
All Items Must Be Translated Into English!
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of a Bank Statement
- TOEFL English Proficiency Test - no other English proficiency tests accepted. A minimum score of 68 is required to be considered for admission. Salpointe’s code to receive these scores is 2782.
- Immunization Form
- High School Transcripts
- Principal or Counselor Recommendation
- English Teacher Recommendation
- Math Teacher Recommendation
- Student & Parent Interview (Google Hangout or Skype) - This will be individually scheduled after we have received the student’s recommendation forms and high school transcripts.
Step 3. Notification of Admission Status:
This will be done after the student and parent interview is completed.